Saturday, February 21, 2015

Real Estate Professionals and Homebuyers Beware

Scammers and hacker are out there!  I've always heard this and really never paid too much attention.  Until yesterday,  and did I find out!  Someone hacked my gmail account and my phone started ringing!  I'm a real estate agent so this was my business email.  They sent out hundreds of emails in my name to people all over the country.  My contacts and people I didn't even know.  The only criteria for getting one was that sometime in the last 3-4 years they had participated in a real estate transaction. The email looked like a real estate document, a HUD and requested their email for confirmation.  I received about 40 phone calls within 2 hours. Phone calls from as far away a Los Angeles!  Changing my passwords didn't work.  I had to delete my Google account.

As a real estate professional I had contracts and important information in my account.  It has been a nightmare!  Please, Please, don't give any information to someone you do not know, change your email passwords often, make passwords complicated.  I finally learned, the hard way!


Lisa Bourgoyne, REALTOR
Keller Williams Realty Premier Partners
Denham Springs, LA

No comments:

Post a Comment